Council Tax Refund Application
Any personal data you provide on this form will be handled in accordance with data protection legislation and details as to how we will use your personal data can be found in the Privacy Notice provided at this link
Note to read before you fill in this form
You can request a refund if your Council Tax is in credit. This could happen if you have:
- Overpaid
- Moved out of Sefton
- Been awarded a Discount or Exemption
- Been awarded a Council Tax Reduction (CTR)
- Had a Council Tax banding reduction
You may also wish to apply for a refund as an Executor of somebody’s estate. If you are an Executor, please select the option to complete a ‘Refund Indemnity form for Executors’.
Refunds are paid by BACS directly into your bank account. Please have your bank details to hand as you will be asked for them during this application.
Please note that the Council no longer issues cheques in respect of a Council Tax overpayment.
The information you provide will be used fairly and lawfully and Sefton Council will not knowingly lead to a breach of the Data Protection Act 1998. It is an offence to knowingly make a false declaration with regards to the information provided on this application.
To complete a Refund Application you will need:
- The Council Tax account number
- The amount of the refund
- Bank details to transfer the refund to
Which form do you wish to complete?
* This indicates mandatory fields